It’s April Fools’ Day, and that means it’s time to play some harmless pranks on your students! Here are some funny April Fool’s jokes that are sure to get a laugh.
Checkout this video:
Table of Contents
April Fools’ Day is a fun day to play jokes on your friends and family. But why stop there? If you’re a teacher, you can use April Fools’ Day as an opportunity to play some harmless pranks on your students. After all, they’re probably expecting it from you!
Here are some funny April Fools jokes that you can play on your students:
1. Put a note on the class pet’s cage that says “Do not feed me today. I am on a diet.”
2. Tell your students that they have to wear their clothes backward for the day.
3. Put a “Out of Order” sign on the drinking fountain.
4. Tell your students that they can only speak in rhyme for the day.
5. Put sticky notes all over the classroom with random facts written on them. (e.g., “An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain”)
6. Swap out all of the textbooks with copies of “The Cat in the Hat” or another funny book.
7. Play a prank involving food – like adding green food coloring to the milk or putting plastic bugs in the salad!
Jokes to Play on Your Students
It’s that time of year again! April Fools’ Day is just around the corner, so why not play a few harmless jokes on your students? They’ll definitely get a good laugh out of it! Here are a few ideas to get you started.
The Classic Whoopee Cushion
April Fools’ Day is the perfect time to play some harmless jokes on your students. Of course, you’ll want to make sure that the jokes are appropriate for your students’ ages and that they won’t be too disruptive to your lesson plans. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
The classic whoopee cushion is always a hit with kids of all ages. You can hide it under a chair or desk and wait for someone to sit down and make the noise. Or, you can put it on a student’s chair when they’re not looking and watch their reaction when they sit down. Either way, it’s sure to get a few laughs.
Another classic April Fool’s prank is putting plastic wrap over a toilet bowl so that the next person who goes to use it will get a surprise splash of water. This one is especially funny if you can do it without the person seeing you do it.
For a more sophisticated prank, you can try putting a fake worm in an apple or banana. This one takes a little bit more effort, but it’s worth it when you see the expressions on your students’ faces.
If you really want to go all out, you can try setting up an entire fake classroom with fake props and everything. Then, when your students come in for class, they’ll be in for quite a shock! Just make sure that you’re prepared to teach the real lesson once the prank is over.
April Fool’s Day is all about having fun and enjoying some harmless pranks. With these ideas, you’re sure to have a great time with your students!
The Tape Trick
The Tape Trick is a classic April Fool’s joke that’s sure to get a few laughs. Here’s how it works:
1. Wait until your students are working on something that requires them to use tape (like a poster or art project).
2. While they’re not looking, take the tape dispenser and put a piece of tape over the hole.
3. Stick the dispenser back in its place and watch the confusion ensue!
Pro tip: For an extra dose of laughter, put the dispenser back upside down so that your students have to struggle even more to get the tape out.
The Hot Pepper Prank
Here’s a prank that will have your students laughing – and maybe even crying! Give each student a small piece of a hot pepper. Tell them it’s a new type of candy that you’re trying out and see how long they can keep it in their mouths before the heat becomes too much. Of course, don’t let them know it’s a prank until after they’ve all had their turn!
We hope you enjoyed our list of funny April Fools jokes to play on your students! Do you have any other great ideas? Share them with us in the comments below!